New in HTML5 The most significant difference between older versions of HTML vs HTML5 is the integration of video and audio into the language’s specifications.
You can view another article :
Additionally, HTML5 includes the following updates:
- Deprecated elements like center, font, and strike have been dropped.
- Improved parsing rules allow for more flexible parsing and compatibility.
- The Elements including video, time, nav, section, progress, meter, aside and canvas.
- New input attributes including email, URL, dates and times.
- attributes including charset, async and ping.
- APIs that offer offline caching, drag-and-drop support and more.
- Support for vector graphics without the aid of programs like Silverlight or Flash.
- Support for MathML to allow better display of mathematical notations.
- Global attributes such as tabindex, repeat and id can be can be applied for all elements.
- Doctype declaration in Html is too longer
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN” “http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd”>
- character encoding in Html is also longer
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN”>
- Audio and Video are not part of HTML4
- Vector Graphics is possible with the help of technologies such as VML, Silverlight, Flash etc
- It is almost impossible to get true GeoLocation of user browsing any website especially if it comes to mobile devices.
- Not possible to draw shapes like circle, rectangle, triangle.
- Works with all old browsers
- DOCTYPE declaration in Html5 is very simple “<!DOCTYPE html>
- character encoding (charset) declaration is also very simple <meta charset=”UTF-8″>
- Audio and Videos are integral part of HTML5 e.g. <audio> and <video> tags.
- Vector graphics is an integral part of HTML5 e.g. SVG and canvas
- JS GeoLocation API in HTML5 helps identify the location of user browsing any website
- It provides local storage in place of cookies.
- Using Html5 you can draw shapes like circle, rectangle, triangle.
- Supported by all new browser.